Rigid gear couplings are also known by the name of muff or sleeve couplings have been an
economical though historically imprecise for straight shaft to shaft associations. It is because of their
imperfection that previously they were not even thought to be useful for any servo application.
However, with science progressing by leaps and bounds, rigid gear coupling 6 cm made of aluminium
are progressively being used for movement control applications because of their firmness, zero
kickback and high torque limit.
Types of Rigid Gear Couplings
There are three main types of rigid gear couplings that can be chosen by a person depending upon
his or her requirements:
• Flanged Type: These couplings are used for connecting the rotating machines if both the
shafts are aligned to each other already. It requires very less space as compared to other
types for installation and less expensive too.
• Clamp Type: These couplings are used in machines where two different machine shafts are
connected to work as a single shaft. They come in several different shapes, sizes and
• Sleeve Type: These are simplest type of coupling in terms of installation and maintenance.
However, they can only be used in cases where the available shaft size of both the
equipment is same in terms of power and torque.
Advantages of rigid Gear couplings
Rigid Gear Coupling 6 cm has several advantages over its counterparts that has made them a popular
choice among several industries. Some of the key advantages are as follows:
• Low production cost: The cost of producing customized and standard rigid gear coupling 6
cm is quite low as compared to other gear coupling types. This helps the manufacturers in
producing them at quite a cost effective rate.
• Excellent Torque transmission: One of the main advantages of rigid gear coupling 6 cm is
that it can effectively transfer the torque from one shaft to another connected shaft.
• Torsional stiffness: Rigid gear couplings have a high torsional stiffness. This helps in better
positioning of the same.
• Precision: these couplings are now more precise with almost zero backlash and zero windup.
• Simplicity: They are relatively simpler to use and install
• Alignment capabilities: Rigid gear couplings can also be used for establishing shaft alignment
between the connected components with the motor.
• They are quite suitable for several support and push pull applications.
• Easy maintenance: Rigid gear coupling 6 cm are easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain
throughout their whole machine life.
Disadvantages of Rigid Gear Couplings
Despite of their advantages, there are several disadvantages too that are associated with this type of
coupling type. Let us take a closer look at some of them:
• Rigid gear couplings are hard to collect or destroy
• Since they are rigid or inflexible, they are unsuitable for any type misalignment.
• Since there is a nonattendance of adaptable components, rigid gear couplings cannot
assimilate vibrations and stuns.
• They need a progressively pivotal space in contrast to other different kinds of couplings
Depending upon your requirement and weighing down the pros and cons of the same, one should
choose the right rigid gear coupling 6 cm for their industry.